©  Photo:


South of the present manor house from 1874-76 lie the castle mounds, 'Tislot', destroyed by fire during the civil war in Denmark 1534-36, 'the barons feud''. Shortly afterwards a new Tiselholt, enclosed with mounds, was built, but we do not know what it looked like. Abt. 1650 this construction was replaced by a four wing half-timbered edifice with tower, which in turn was replaced by the present 3 winged renaissance replica by L.P.Fenger. The castle is not open to the public.

Connect with us:

Geopark Det Sydfynske Øhav © 2023